How to Donate
As you look round this website you will hopefully get a sense of the vision that we have for gospel hearted ministry in Rotherham. It maybe that you want to support that vision financially. Most of the money that it takes to run the church comes from our members and supporters who give joyfully, generously and sacrificially from their own finances. We do not use professional fundraisers, nor do we belong to a larger denomination who provide financial support.
Why do we give?
We give to the church for a variety of reasons. These can be found in the Bible.
- We are thankful to God for all the many blessings that He has generously given us. Most importantly, we are thankful for the gift of His only Son Jesus Christ who died for us. In some small part we express this when we give (2 Corinthians 9:10-11).
- We acknowledge the fact that everything we have comes from God and He has charged us to be good stewards of what He has given us. Part of that responsibility is to prayerfully consider how much of the resources He has given us, we should in turn give to His church (Matthew 25:21).
- We know that when we give to the Church it is good for our own hearts. Giving in this way helps to align our hearts with God's will for our lives (Acts 20:35).
- When members of REC give to the church, it helps them to fulfil the commitment that we have made to love one another; in part by supporting REC of which we are all a part (John 13:35).
How can you give?
We are delighted that people wish to partner with us in the work in Rotherham financially. If you would like to financially support the work of REC, then you can do so in these ways:
- Regular Standing Order: Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you details that you can use to set up a standing order with your bank or building society.
- Sunday offering: Feel free to donate in the offering box that is available before and after the church services on a Sunday.
- Online: You can make a one-off donation or set up a regular direct debit online on our net.giving page at https://www.give.net/20287186
REC is a UK registered charity regulated by the Charity Commission.